Navigation Bar

Fall Finds at Grand Canal Shoppes

inside The Venetian Resort Las Vegas



It's no secret that when you live in Vegas, you pretty much go from summer straight into winter with so little as a yellow leaf or cool breeze. That doesn’t mean that we locals don’t try and find ways to bring on all those ‘fall feels’! We order our pumpkin spice lattes and cozy up to our Netflix fireplaces, but the one thing you really just can’t fake is fall weather. As I’m writing this post, it’s pretty much the end of September and we are STILL in the 90’s! I mean come on Vegas – give a girl a break here. The one silver lining all Vegas locals hold on to almost every year, without fail, is that sudden fall chill comes October 31st! 

So with that lovely thought in mind, I’m hitting Grand Canal Shoppes at the Venetian Resort Las Vegas to search for some fall finds. I’m going with the theme of slightly unconventional - like Vegas’ fall – which means I get to share some places you might overlook in your autumn shopping. Starting with a trip to… drumroll... Tommy Bahama!

 


Ok, I know the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Tommy Bahama is probably more palm trees, sandy beaches and not cold days and fall feels BUT two things Tommy Bahama most certainly does have: comfort and class! The brand has been around for years and while it’s been a staple for good ol’ Mom and Dad, I think our generation is missing out. Allow me to enlighten you on all that Tommy Bahama has to offer. 

 

Speaking of Mom, of course I brought her along – so get ready for some ‘like mother like daughter’ moments. The staff at Tommy Bahama at The Shoppes were so helpful and pulled a few of their fall favorites for us to try! 

 

One of mine and Mom’s favorites was actually two different pieces but in the same fabric – a classic V-neck sweater – the Bonita Sequin Ottoman V-Neck Sweater - and a sweater top – the Bonita Ottoman Short-Sleeve Sweater. Now going back to what I said before, comfort and class, these styles for sure had both. The material was buttery soft and had a relaxed fit that made it easy to wear. The sweaters also had a great ribbing for texture and some subtle sequins for that classic style every girl wants in her wardrobe. Plus, it’s the perfect setup; you buy the sweater for you and the sweater top for Mom! Win, win!

 

Next up was a bold print in a classic fall color – a crocodile print olive green jacket – the Two Palms Crocotile Linen Jacket. Again, soft fabric and a classic style. Mom liked it best as a jacket and I was really feeling it as a shirt. If you are loving this funky print for fall – Tommy Bahama has matching pants.





Now I have a cold weather tip you have to try and that I highly recommend at Tommy Bahama – shop in the Men’s section! Comfy fabrics, oversized fits, classic styles... it’s all there. 

 

I grabbed a long sleeve, collared shirt in a yummy burgundy that would go perfect with some skinny jeans and knee-high boots. Then I threw on one of their cozy shirt jackets – the Albany Peak Shirt Jacket - and fell in love with the color and funky lining. I’m telling you, if you haven’t stolen a few styles from the men, you are missing out – so go do it! Now what have we learned? If nothing else – Tommy Bahama equals comfort and class.


On to the next store and another item some haven’t tried – hats! Now if you know me, you know this; I am a firm believer that every person should be a hat person. Furthermore, there is no better time to become a hat person than come fall. I’ll give you two practical selling points; One: hats keep heat in. Two: hats cover dirty hair. I know I can’t be the only one who could use a little bit more heat in the autumn air and less stress dealing with dirty hair... right? Right! 


So, I stopped into Chapel Hats at Grand Canal Shoppes for some much needed hat hunting. Ok, don’t be overwhelmed... they have A LOT of hats. The good news for you is they also have an amazing staff! Ask for suggestions and just keep trying on different styles, with their crazy big selection you will for sure find the hat for you.




If you are a hat lover like me, I started with something bold – a red boater – the Arlynn. I love nothing more than a bright red paired with a white and black outfit... think of it as your favorite red lipstick finishing off a look! Maybe too much for some? If you need to ease into it, go for a classic black wide brim fedora. You can’t go wrong with black, it goes with everything and the fedora style is for sure my go-to! Two styles Chapel Hats recommends most is the Ryder and the Memphis. They are so popular they were sold out at the store but you can always hop onto their website - www.chapelhats.com

 

Of course, I had to toss on a few more for good measure and even got Mom – a hat novice – into one! For me, hats are a fall MUST. They are the ultimate accessory to ‘top off’ a look and such a fun way to show off your personal style. Not to mention when you shop at Chapel Hats, your new hat comes home in a great box!

With that, my fall shopping experience at The Shoppes comes to a close! I hope you had a few fall feels reading this and it rustled up a bit of inspiration to try something new this season. One thing it did for me was this.. I am SO excited for some Vegas fall weather!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment