Navigation Bar

A FLOWING SET AND A VALLEY VIEW // ULTIMATE TRAVEL OUTFIT


One of my favorite trends that has popped up in recent years is the "matching set" and one of my favorite brands has dedicated an entire section of their site to this super easy and functional fashion statement; Of course I am talking about Free People.


One FP set in particular has captured my heart and I honestly believe they had ladies like me in mind when they dreamed up the "Alia Set". The set is made up of a high-rise pair of wide leg pants with sewn in folds and a long sleeve fitted crop top with a low scooping back. It comes in multiple colors, including my go-to color...well neutral really, can you classify grey as a color? Anyways, it comes in grey and the always necessary black! Plus white and they keep coming out with different colors so stay tuned!






Besides the fact that it comes in the perfect soft grey, the reason this set became a staple for me is because it is the ultimate travel outfit. Without fail, when I start packing for a trip this set is my "travel day" go to...seriously every time // Jordan gets to see this outfit quite often, Sorry babe // But here is the thing, it is a neutral color so it goes with any hat, jacket, and pair of shoes // most travel days I avoid doing my hair so the hat is key// it is made with the softest, buttery fabric that makes you feel like you are wearing pajamas and in a rush // which I always am // you can just toss it on and instantly look not only put together but so bomb!


For me it's the pants that make this outfit. The wide leg with all those folds gives them a classy feel but in that stretchy material it makes them everyday. I do like the top, the only thing is it's long sleeve so there is always the possibility of sweaty underarms // especially if you are traveling long hours // and I feel like there is too much room up by the shoulders, maybe it's because I am shorter...idk. What I did find is a great racer-back sleeveless crop top in grey by For Sienna that matches perfectly with the pants, so in these hotter summer months I have been opting that in. But the scoop back on the long sleeve top is a really nice touch and gives that sexy back that every girl loves!



Really this set is perfect for almost anything from running errands, to lazy dinners at friends, and even long plane rides out of the country. And...wait for it...you can always match the set with different pieces!! Ding, ding, ding, folks we have a winner here!

These pictures were taken after a long wedding weekend in Temecula, CA // people my brother is officially MARRIED, whoop whoop // I just needed a super comfy outfit for grabbing some breakfast, a quick stop at a coffee shop, The Press // if you are ever in Temecula you have to go.. check out their Instagram @thepressespresso // and a four hour drive home to Vegas. Not to mention a quick photoshoot with the most epic view of the Temecula Valley from our Airbnb's backyard..we threw the rehearsal dinner there and it was stunning!




So if you are in need of a comfy and quick statement for the road, this set is it! Or if you just feel like wearing pajamas all day without getting a bunch of grossed out stares than this set works for that too..

Free People BEACH "Alia Set"
Silence + Noise "Birds of Paradise" Bomber 
Lack of Color "The Beryl" Fedora (sold out)
The Style Club "Love Club" Baseball Cap



No comments:

Post a Comment