Navigation Bar

BACHELORETTE WEEKEND IN HUNTINGTON, CA // SHE ACED IT!




Hey Everyone! Happy Labor Day! I hope your weekend was full of coffee dates, sun bathing, and lots of good food // I know mine was! I wanted to apologize for the lack of posts // I am a procrastinator and perfectionist with total scatter brain // I have trouble finishing things // but truly I have no excuse. So I promise I am going to try to do better and get some good blog content up at least once a week!

And if I can write a blog post in this state than I should be good to write a blog post when I actually feel like a human. Let me explain...From Thursday at 6:00 AM until Sunday at 3:00 PM I had been celebrating one of my girlfriend's soon to be marriages // Yes I was on a Bachelorette filled weekend trip in Huntington, CA. And since my voice is practically undetectable and my body feels like a cold shell of what it once was, I would say it was a success! But really I came out with four new girlfriends, a tattoo and memories to last a lifetime..I mean isn't that what having a bachelorette is all about!?

So for all you girls looking for ideas and tips on planning your bachelorette or if you just want a few laughs this is how the weekend went down. If you want to see even more of this Bachelorette Weekend in Huntington, I'll be putting up a video on my Youtube channel! I'll post something on my Instagram // @thenexthappening // as well as let you guys know on here so stay tuned!!

I woke up at 6:00 AM to finish the packing I started that night at 8:00 PM // Tip #1: Start packing the week of, it will save you some hours of sleep that you will be seriously lacking for the rest of the weekend! Of course I packed down to the minute before I had to meet up with two of my girlfriends that I was driving out to HB with. We hopped in the car, pit stopped at Starbucks and we were on the road by 9:00 AM.




Screen Printed Shirt Forever 21

Once we got to California we picked up a few things to decorate the house // we stayed in an Airbnb // and a few other necessities, just FYI if you are looking for double sided boob tape also called fashion tape, they carry it at Target! Once we got to the house we started setting up; The MOH and wedding planner made a banner that said 'Drunk in Love" with glitter craft paper. They also made a game that was basically a version of pin the tail on the donkey, the donkey being a man's body with a picture of the groom's face on it; there was interestingly shaped lipstick and you had to land your kiss as close as you could to his.. ya know.. trying to keep this PG people, you get the gist. We bought some white satin sashes that we wrote on with puffy paint the nicknames that the bride picked out for each girl! Tip #2: You can only find blank white sashes at Hobby Lobby // literally only Hobby Lobby, we checked everywhere else! Anyways, mine was 'The Drunk Happening".. genius! They also brought all us girls gift bags filled with a screen printed shirt, some mini champagne bottles, beads and a champagne glass! For the final decoration we got gold and pink colored balloons and a champagne bottle balloon that we set up on one wall so it looked like we had popped the champagne bottle and bubbles were flowing out! Turned out so good // Tip #3: If you aren't going out that night or getting ready, don't buy the balloons until the day you are planning on getting dressed up and taking pictures because the balloons will deflate! We finished everything and then the girls and the bride arrived! The first night we played plenty of games, drank champagne and wine, laughed till we cried and then hit the sack. We were staying in on night one because the next day was....DISNEYLAND!!!

Yep we had to, I mean we were so close, so of course Disneyland was a must. This is where the shirts came in; They were blue shirts from Forever 21 that were screen printed with the words "Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Crew!" The brides shirt was obviously white and said "Bibbidi, Bobbidi, I do!" You know we got her the Mini ears with the veil to match. It was super cute, people were congratulating her all day and it made for some bomb girl squad photos! We were there from when the gates opened until almost midnight.. it was a seriously long day. Tip #4: Make sure you bring a backpack with a few snacks and water because when you are running around you tend to forget to hydrate and eat or at least that was us. Oh and definitely bring a portable charger, all those photos, snapchats, and instragram stories will kill a battery quick! We got a large locker and shared it, it was only $10 and there was plenty of room for multiple jackets, pants, extra backpacks,etc. I finally got to ride the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride that they redid from Tower of Terror. When I first heard they were changing it I was pissed, I loved Tower of Terror but the new makeover does not disappoint. It's basically the same ride just with all the amazing Guardians soundtrack and storyline plugged in. The music made the ride that much more fun and relevant so I'm definitely a fan! We left completely whooped but satisfied, we managed to hit every major ride, drink a substantial amount of beers for 8 girls, and all still have living phones. Oh almost forgot Tip #5: Make sure you are in the park that your locker is in at least a half hour before it closes because they won't let guests back in the park when it gets close to closing time! I had to dodge through some security guards to make it back to the locker to pick up our stuff!




Ok, Day 3 was packed with bachelorette activities! So I woke up early // I'm a morning person // and walked to this little coffee shop called Milk & Honey with one of my girlfriends. It was super cute and quaint and was a perfect start to the day. The girl there was young and so nice and you could tell it was a favorite spot for locals, there was a constant flow of people and dogs all morning. I had there toast with peanut butter, banana, and honey and an americano. My girlfriend got a cappuccino and their granola and yogurt bowl. Everything was yummy! We of course ended up grabbing coffee for all the late-risers and once we all had our drinks we were ready for activity number one. Oh I need to mention that Day 3 was a "black out" day; all day long the girls wore black and the bride wore white. So anyways activity number one, a Duffy boat! For this we headed over to Newport. Now this turned out to be one of the best parts of the trip for me after I stopped hyperventilating // ok I wasn't actually hyperventilating but I had some major panic because these boats are not easy to drive.. contrary to popular belief! One of the girls volunteered to stay sober and drive and I mean it's not like they require you to have any boat driving experience they literally just hand over a boat to you! Needless to say we almost gave up and parked the sucker somewhere but after some time to get accustomed to driving and a good amount of champagne later, this two hour boat ride became a floating dayclub I will never forget! We ended up all braiding our hair in french braids that morning so we played Sam Hunt's "Body Like a Backroad"..met a girl from the Southside, got braids in her hair..about a thousand times. We went through a magnum and then some of champagne. Tossed the bride in the water and almost hit a dock trying to pull her back in...Oops. Let the girls out, ya those girls, and danced like crazy. And met a cute Harbormaster who stopped by our boat twice to chat! We were a spectacle for sure, no joke people had binoculars out watching us. After the boat we Ubered to Woody's for their bottomless mimosas // talk about a deal, bottomless mimosas with any brunch meal! On the way back to the house was when I had a brilliant idea...







H&M Bikini In Store

Now for those who know me, this will come as no surprise. We were driving back to the Airbnb all crammed into a car and I'm looking out the window and see a tattoo shop. So of course I say, "Hey guys we should all get tattoos right now!" Really that was all it took hahaha. We got back home, called a shop, decided what we wanted and went. Four out of the eight girls got tattoos, including the bride. I have a track record of getting her to do somewhat out-there things // I talked her into buying a dog // ya know those kind of things, so this was just another to add to the list! Now I would never pressure someone into getting something so permanent like a tattoo if I didn't think they wanted it, but I could tell she wanted to do it, all I did was throw out a suggestion. I have a few tattoos that I have had done while I was traveling and honestly I feel like that is the best time to get a tattoo. It becomes an amazing memory to look back on! You are like a walking picture book of your experiences and it just gives a tattoo so much more meaning for me. I can promise you we will never forget the time at the bachelorette when we all went and got tattoos! I have to tell you this little side note; The bride got an ace of hearts tattoo because her husbands initials and nickname are Ace and he is her Ace of Hearts...come on that is so good!!!

Ok so once we got back to the house after our spur of the moment tattoo stop we all washed up, dressed to kill in head to toe black, threw on our sashes and headed to dinner. We went to this tapas restaurant called Ways & Means. Everything we ordered was amazing and they had a bunch of unique and different things on the menu. Really eclectic and boutiquey which I love! They brought us out a round of shots on the house! Tequila of course. After dinner we headed to a place called The Bungalow. Now let me tell you this place was seriously a bloggers dream, my own personal brand of a night out in heaven. It was basically a house // bungalow // and each room was set up with cozy couches, low backed chairs, gorgeous wood tables, brick covered fireplaces, eclectic artwork and that low lighting that gives everything the right vibe! I could have taken a thousand pictures in every room and then you walk out onto the patio and with the mist sitting in the air and lamps hanging from the trees, it transports you.. I am telling you if you find yourself in Huntington you have to go to The Bungalow. It's pretty pricey for a table, which we opted out of but if you hang around a minute or two seating opened up pretty quickly. I will have to come back to see this place during the day! The girls had had enough of Bungalow though, so we headed over to the old faithful, Sharkeez. It was packed of course but we made our way to the back and found enough room to dance our asses off until the bride was done! We drank a lot that day and the bars close at 2:00 AM anyway // not like home sweet home, open 24 hours // so we headed home around 1:30 AM. We chatted for a minute, enjoyed our last little bit of time together and then went to sleep.






The next morning we pulled ourselves out of bed, packed up early, and left with the little dignity we had. JK! The weekend turned out amazing and each girl made every minute so much fun and memorable. I truly feel like I left this trip with new friends and miss them already..I'm thinking we need another trip next year // just for laughs! We stopped at Philz Coffee to fill our tanks. Grabbed a wheat bagel and a chamomile tea, at that point I just wanted something warm and comforting. This place was hustling early and just what we needed, highly recommend their teas and I bet their coffee is even better. We hit the road, bride in the backseat // passed out // and before I knew it I was on my couch back home. I flipped on a movie and passed out until dinner! Ended the night and the crazy weekend with some Whole Foods and Pretty Woman.

Bachelorette Weekend Success // She Aced It!
Now I am going into a hole to sleep until winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment