Navigation Bar

BEHIND THE INSTA-POST // IS THAT A SCARF?!





Hey people!

Another day here on the blog, another post, but the start of something new. I've decided to start a series here of basically a "behind the scenes" of some of my Instagram photos. They will be super short posts just giving more details on the outfits themselves. So things like how I style, what my inspiration was, and where the pieces come from and/or alternatives to make your own outfits! You have to be so brief on Instagram and most of the time I like to put a fun little quip or something silly as my caption and not some long shpeel of each piece and where I got it. If you want a super short way to get just the outfit details, go download and follow me on the liketoknow.it app, it gives you links to shop each piece! If you want to know a little more behind the scenes of how it all came together or are just bored on a Monday, read on!


I knew I had to do my first Behind the Insta-Post when I finally decided to try a little out-there trend you've probably seen, the scarf converted into a top! When I first saw this style come back I was a little ehhh about it. You remember the old black and red paisley scarfs that girls would fold in half and tie on...ya wasn't my favorite. But the scarfs and styles have changed with the times and a girl is aloud to change her mind. So eventually I came around and gave it a shot. Not to mention, I decided to try it for the first time as a fun Coachella inspired look, so see thinking outside the box and trying something funky and new is a good thing. Thanks wild desert music festival, you rock....get it, rock cause like music...anyways.


So I grabbed a vintage scarf from my closet, threw it over my neck and just started playing around. I ended up tying it like a bathing suit top I saw once. I threw it evenly on my neck, crossed it once in the front, and then tied it in the back. You have to have the right amount of scarf for this to work though, it can't be so small that it won't even reach your chest but not so big that you just have a ton of fabric all bunched up and bulky. Find something in between, the Goldie Locks-just right!


Plenty of brands are making tops inspired by this trend, where it looks like a scarf but takes all the guess work out of trying to tie it like a top. Since my scarf is vintage and also not a top, I will put in this post some different options if you guys want to give it a shot! Also, I definitely think you guys should check out your local vintage markets or antique shops and find some buried treasure of your own. So much of the things I love most are vintage and it sucks that you guys can't go out and buy that particular piece if it's something that you love, but it also gives you an opportunity to find your own unique pieces and turn what someone else did, into something you did! If you love the vintage style like me but can't find anything actually vintage there are a lot of vintage inspired brands making killer clothes and accessories with those vibes, so don't worry there are some awesome alternatives.


I wanted to keep going with the vintage feels so I paired with the scarf what have become my favorite jeans of the moment. A pair of light wash, wide leg, high waisted, raw hem denim jeans from Urban Outfitters. I wear them everyday.. Jordan (my fiancĂ©) is over it lol. Lately, I have been really into gold jewelry. So I layered a gold choker with some layered chains that I made and then another vintage piece, a gold cross on a long gold chain. To just really go for it, since this look was Coachella inspired, I twisted up  a pair of buns on my head and that just pulled the whole thing together!


Yes it's a funky look, but it is so fun!!! And let me tell you this look is coming back for a day out to a tropical beach town and a jaunt on that tropical beach lol. Honestly, I loved it! And now I am day dreaming of pina-coladas and palm trees and ahhh man. It's time to book a tropical vacay. Anyways... I hope you guys enjoyed this breakdown and like the whole Behind the Insta-Post! I really enjoyed  it, so more to come for sure! If you want to re-create this look or try the scarf top trend, check out the links below. There are some exact pieces and some inspiration and alternatives that caught my eye. Wow this Behind the Insta-Post was long, I said they'd be short but it's the first so I had to get a bunch of info in there lol. I'll try and make them more of a quick read for ya from now on.

Happy Monday friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment