Navigation Bar

3 Fall Styles - Hair to Toe // Look Number 1: Globe Trotting, To Infinity & Beyond




Fall has finally caught up with the desert! There's a chill in the air that just makes you want to put on a bunch of layers and eat anything pumpkin flavored! Just me? Really though, this season always has me feeling all warm and fuzzy and the best part... all the fall clothes! Tall boots, big jackets, chunky knits, and everything in the rich tones of autumn.

So to really get Fall started, I come to you with a collaboration. But first, a question.. What's better than three fall outfits? Three fall hairstyles to go with them of course! To do this I teamed up with an amazing artist and new Vegas resident, Faye @hairbyfaye. She is the genius behind these three "new favorite" hairstyles and a flawless makeup look. Besides being from Canada and having a personality of gold, this babes' styles and makeup skills are out of this world! If you are in the Vegas area or if you just want some hair inspiration, give this girl a follow on Instagram or send her a DM, she's super welcoming and a great chat.




Initially I planned on putting all three of these looks into one post, but there was just so much goodness that I didn't want to skimp out on you, and at the same time I didn't want to cram so much content down your throats that this post would turn into a novel...So.. I decided to break this up into three different posts so you can enjoy all the fall hairstyles and looks in nice, "pumpkin flavored", bite sized portions. Ok without further ado, let's "fall" into this first fall look!




Look Number One: GLOBE TROTTING, TO INFINITY & BEYOND

Outfit

This is the perfect outfit to travel in... if you happen to be traveling on a private jet around the world! I know, I know, it might not be the most practical get-up but I just love how style is all about making something your own and doing whatever feels right to you, there are no rules! I love pairing things together that you wouldn't automatically think goes.



 So if what feels right happens to be an oversized sweatshirt and some leather leggings than freaking go for it! And that's what I did. I paired an old Brandy Melville sweatshirt (similar) // that I found at Goodwill // with a pair of leather leggings from Zara. I tossed on my oversized camel colored teddy bear jacket from RD Style and finished the look off with my Adidas boosts and a transparent bag.

 I like to think of this look as elevated-athleisure and in my private jet fantasy world, this is what I'm rocking on my way to NYC!     // Shop this entire look at the end of the post //




Hair

Ok, pretty sure this hairstyle was my favorite! It just completely shows how what you wear or how you style your hair can make you feel a certain way. And let me tell you, this look had me feeling like a major B.A. Faye started by sectioning out what she calls the "mohawk section" of my hair, which basically is a section of hair a couple inches wide on top of your head // where a mohawk would be. She then created the coolest, most killer braid I have ever seen, dubbed the "Infinity Braid" or the "Figure 8".

I'll try and describe how it's done: Basically take the hair you sectioned off and split it into two. Then take a smaller section from one side and wrap it over its section and under the other section. Keep doing this until you run out of hair and then just add a smaller section from whatever side you are on // you are making the infinity sign around your hair! It's a bit hard to explain and I am more of a visual-learner myself, so Faye graciously created a tutorial for you guys // and me // to demonstrate how it's done, so follow the link here.




If this is just too much for you in general, she says you can create this same look with any kind of braid. Once the braid was done, she used Vandal by amika to add some serious body and volume to my hair. She finished the look by shaking out my curls and spraying amika's Headstrong hairspray to freeze the style in place. By far, this look gave me the most confidence which is crazy because I never would have done this on my own! Shows you how trying something new can bring you major returns // so go try something NEW!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this first Fall look and maybe get some inspiration to try something like this yourself! Don't forget to stay tuned for Look Number 2, I have a feeling you guys are going to LOVE it...no "buns" about it.. // that's a little clue!








Shop the look HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment