Navigation Bar

2017 IS THE YEAR

baby steps


Happy New Year Everyone! We are already three days in to 2017..CRAZY! And with this new year comes the New Year's Resolutions right?

Ok I feel like every new year people always say, "This year is going to be better than the last! I am going to accomplish all my goals and totally rock! Woohoo year blah blah blah". I don't know why we get this sudden pep in our step come the new year, probably because most people love a beginning. It just feels fresh, the whole new start-new me mentality. Believe me I am with you on this, but how do you actually achieve it? How do you make this year better than the last? How do you set New Year's Resolutions that become resolute? Well I don't have a fool-proof answer and I feel like most people don't, but here is the way I am going to try to achieve this "better year" in 2017; baby steps.



Wow! Mind blowing, I know! But really isn't that what you do with everything in life, you start with baby steps..literally. You don't just wake up one day wanting to speak French and then the next second you're in a cafe eating a croissant and spouting "Oui, je suis francais!" No, you have to learn the basics, you have to learn the words before you can make a sentence. // Side note: I have always wanted to learn French...possible resolution? Back to the point; Why not apply this practical method, that has been proven to work, in this aspect of our lives? I feel like most people never reach those New Year's Resolutions because they pick these huge mega goals that seem so unattainable and overwhelming. Most people try for a little while but when they can't see any tangible growth or achievement they give up. It's just too big, too much, all those too's. Why not instead have a bunch of little goals, baby resolutions. That way you can wrap your head around it and see results, and then those small steps over the year will add up into the big goals you want to achieve.

For example, one of my goals for 2017 is this blog. I want to start this blog and grow it into a success! Ya that sounds great...but how the hell do I do that? Ok lets try this with baby steps. Well one baby step would be planning my posts. If there is no content for you lovely people to read then there is no blog. So if I plan my posts for each month then I am well on my way to creating a successful blog. Even in this step, I can set up more baby steps; like how many posts a month, what different types of posts, etc. Now these goals seem super attainable, plus I can see monthly results that will keep me motivated and on track to achieving my big goal.


Disclaimer: Now I have never actually tried this "Baby Steps Method" so if you decide to give it a go I will be right there with you! Hopefully we can keep each other accountable and on the right path and should any problems arise we can figure them out together, along with celebrating all our successes!

I have big plans for 2017. I feel like it is THE year. The number 7 // not for the reasons you think // my mentality and where I am in my life..you know people say 25 is the perfect age to truly start making decisions and figuring out your life, so here goes. Let's see what 2017 will hold, I know I'm ready for it!


Free People Embroidered Sweatshirt (Available at ASOS in a L)
Topshop MOTO Let Hem Vintage Jamie Jeans
Ray Ban Round Sunglasses

FOLLOW THE NEXT HAPPENING ON BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment