Navigation Bar

KEEP ON SWEATIN'

It's GYM TIME! 

You know you promised yourself that once the New Year started you'd be back in that gym busting out the squats. So what better way to keep that promise then to get yourself some new goods and try some new tips to motivate that fitness spirit within! Here I put together some things that keep me ready to head back into the gym for every sweat-session. I hope it gives you that extra boost to keep pumping the iron!

Now, nothing gets me revved up and ready to go more than a killer outfit...so I have a few staples that I can't wait to wear into the gym, and sometimes out // whoop whoop athleisure // With gymwear I try to keep everything black, white, or grey with a few pops of color and patterns here and there; that way everything matches! The last thing you want to do is spend an hour trying to put together a cute gym outfit and eventually giving up all together. Make it easy and quick so you have no excuse to miss class!

A FEW OF MY FAVORITE PIECES

 LuluLemon Fast Lane Sports Bra

 Swiftly Tech Long Sleeve Crew
 Hill & Valley Mock Neck Crop Top

That brings me to my next tip: Go to the classes! Going to the classes is a perfect way to make sure you stay in the gym and here's why; They are scheduled, there is a set workout planned, and there are other people dying with you! Let me elaborate...

They are scheduled; When there is a set time for classes you can put that into your daily schedule and avoid the shuffle. I feel like when you plan going to the gym on your own it always ends up falling through. Either you don't plan enough time or that opening gets filled with something else // by the way, there is always something else that could be getting done, don't use that as an excuse! // In the beginning you will always find a way to skip the gym so pick a time and class and commit to going! 

There is a set workout planned; I wasn't always a gym goer and when I first started I had no idea how all those machines worked, let alone which ones did what for whatever body part I was trying to work on // I was the girl trying to nonchalantly decipher the pictures on the sides of the equipment..embarrassing // Eventually I figured out a few, well my boyfriend showed me...but then I was stuck to those few machines and didn't end up getting the kind of workout I really wanted. With the classes you avoid this issue all together. There is a teacher up front taking you through the motions, showing you what weights to use and how to use them, keeping you motivated and pushing you to do more and go farther! 

There are other people dying with you; Ok, human beings are pack animals, we are suppose to be in groups. So we find STRENGTH in numbers. It just feels less exhausting and difficult when your in class and you glance over at the person next to you and they look just as whipped and miserable as you do. It is hard for everyone, if working out were easy the entire population would be walking around looking like American Gladiators but its just not like that. Remember you are not alone! Everyone is struggling, everyone is fighting. And in the end we all want the same thing: to look and feel better about ourselves and our bodies. So stick together and stick it out! 

A couple extra's that I won't go into the gym without: 

HYDROFLASK

These babies are amazing! Especially when I am sweating like a pig and redder than a cherry, all I want is a swig of cold and refreshing water and with my Hydroflask I can count on my water staying cold // even in Vegas! // They have a bunch of different colors and sizes for whatever gets you going. Get the straw top, its extra but totally worth it!
 20 oz Hydro Flask in MangoStraw Lid


INVISIBOBBLE HAIR-TIE

My girlfriend just recently turned me on to these hair-ties that look like the rubber cords that they put on pool keys or the old school phones that connected to the wall, I know I was a skeptic at first but now I am a full fledged believer! They don't get tangled and pull out handfuls of hair when you take them out and they don't crease! This is huge if you are trying to keep that blowout in tact through a sweaty workout session. 
 Invisibobble

I want to add a little something about the current gym I go to ; CROSSFIT EMBODY

Now my boyfriend likes to workout and I mean really workout, so he had been going to Crossfit Embody for awhile and tried to convince me many a times to give it a shot. I of course was terrified. What is this little scrawny blonde girl going to do in a heavy lifting, sled pushing, double under beast mode world that is Crossfit? Eventually I convinced one of my best friends to come with me and try it out // strength in numbers // and at first I was intimidated..all this new gear I've never seen and movements I didn't know. But everyone there was so welcoming and helpful and they were always excited when you reached a new max weight or finished with a personal record. On top of that, the gym owners John and Jahana treat their members like family and truly want you to get everything you're looking for out of the Crossfit Embody experience. Really that was it...I was hooked. The times were right, the workouts were challenging, and the people rocked! It was the perfect place for me. So thanks Crossfit Embody for giving me a gym family to love and belong to!


 Crossfit Embody


And there you go, don't be afraid to try different avenues and figure out ways to enjoy working out! Everyone has their own personal blend of fitness and once you find out what that is and maybe give a few of these tips a try, you will be well on your way to a happier and healthier life!

No comments:

Post a Comment